Wednesday 4 July 2012

Kyoto vol. 1

I am glad to see that many of you are reading my blog! Plenty of visits in the last few days. Thank you everyone ~ it is a great motivation indeed! I promise to keep writing, posting photos and update you all on my adventures in Japan!

This post is about my first visit to Kyoto, or rather my first visit to Kyoto during this stay! Kyoto is a wonderful, old city with tones of shrine and temples. There are literally so many tourist attractions that seeing everything within a day, or even two or three is impossible!

Today, I went to Kyoto with an aim to do nothing else but study Japanese. Kyoto is a home to Kyoto International Community House and everyday one can participate in almost free (50, which is less than 40 pence) Japanese classes. The are being held by native Japanese volunteers who want to share their knowledge and passion for their beautiful language! :) Unfortunately, today they held either lesson 2 or 20 from my 'Minna no Nihongo' book (Isn't that great that they actually teach from the same book I study with?!). Needless to say, chapter 2 was waaay too easy, while chapter 20 a bit too difficult! Nevertheless, I am not giving up, tomorrow I shell try again!


Of course, I went to Kyoto with an aim to do nothing else but study Japanese and I ended up with over 120 photos! I allowed extra time for travel and therefore I ended up with extra time for sightseeing. I went to Yasaka-jinja Shrine, Maruyama Park, Chion-in Temple, Lake Biwa Canal and Pontocho-dori! Here are some of the photos especially for you:









I guess, that is it for today! I am just about to go to bed, as I will be heading to Kyoto again tomorrow morning. If weather allows (and unfortunately they predict heavy rain and thunderstorms) I may update you with more photos to admire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment